Notification Pack add-on allows you to send push notifications in addition to emails and SMS. For this, you must do a small initial configuration. This guide will guide you over each step. First of all:
- Go to the Booking Activities settings, “Notifications” tab
Further down on the page, you’ll see a “Push Notifications Settings” section with two fields that you probably haven’t heard about before: “Google FCM key”, “Google FCM script”. Let’s see how to fill these fields.
⚠ Warning: First, be aware that your site must have a valid and active SSL certificate (its URL must begin with HTTPS) to send push notifications.
Bind FCM to Notification Pack
Notification Pack uses Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), the Google notification service, to send push notifications to you and your customers. This service is free, but you still need to register to bind it to your site.
- Create your Firebase project
- Sign in to your FCM console (you must have a Google Account)
- Click on the “Create a project” button
- Name it as you like (the name of your company for example), choose your country and validate
- You are now redirected to the homepage (“Overview”) of your project (else, click on “Project Overview” in the left sidebar)
- Google FCM script
- In the center of the page, click on the “Web” icon ( )
- Give your app a name (your website name for example), and click “Register app”
- Click “Back to console” to go back to the homepage
- Google FCM key
- In the left sidebar, click on the gear () next to “Project Overview”
- Click “Project settings”
- Go to the “Cloud Messaging” tab
- Copy the token on “Server Key” row and paste it into the “Google FCM key” field on your site
- Save the changes of Booking Activities notifications settings page
Your site is now able to send push notifications. But no one will receive them until you have obtained their explicit agreement, including yourself. Go to the second part of this tutorial to find out how to get permission from your customers and customize your push notifications.