To create a repeating event, you must create a single event first. Once this event is on your calendar:
- Click on the event setting wheel (it appears when you mouseover the event), a dialog will appear
- Go to Repetition tab
- Set the repetition frequency: daily, weekly or monthly
- Becareful! If you hide weekdays in calendar settings thanks to Display Pack add-on and set a daily repetition, events will be created for every days, including the hidden ones. To avoid this, you must set exceptions or opt for weekly repetition.
- If the event is on 31st of the month with monthly repetition, it will be repeated on the last day of each months. Be careful if you want to update this event, make sure to click on an occurence located on a 31st or you will change the repetition date to the 30th for example.
- Set the start date and the end date of the repetition. The event will be repeated at the selected frequency only during this period
Now you may want to repeat your event every days / weeks / months except some exceptions. To do so, you have to add exceptions.
- In the repetition tab you have an exceptions area. Click on the first field and select the date of the exception
- Click on the add button near this field, the selected date will go straight in the select box below
- If you change your mind, click on the undesirable exception date and click the Remove selected button. You can remove multiple exceptions at once
- Click on the dialog OK button
Congratulations! Your repeated events are generated.
Same as single events, you can group occurences of your event.
If your calendar is complete and if you are using WooCommerce, don’t forget to bind products to activities to display the calendar on products page. If you don’t use it, you can display a booking form on your website simply by copying the shortcode on the form edit page and pasting it on any post / page you want.