The first thing to do after installing and activating Resource Availability is to create your resources.
Create a resource
- Go to Booking Activities > Resources
- Click “Add new” button
- Set a title to designate your resource
- Set the “Number of resources available” option to the quantity you have of this resource
- Click “Publish” button
As you can see, there are a lot of options that you can use, let’s review them.
- “Resource category“: You can create, edit and delete a resource category here. Your resource can be in one or several categories. It’s really useful if this resource can be substituted for another one.
- “Days off“: Define any unavailability periods here. The events that require this resource will be unavailable during these periods.
- “Hide this resource“: If you turn ON this option, the customer will never know that this resource is assigned to his / her booking.
- “Active“: If you set it to “No”, this resource will always be considered as unavailable.
- “Min quantity per resource“: Set the minimum quantity required to assign one resource. Only if assigned per booking.
- “Max quantity per resource“: Set the maximum quantity per resource. If the customer books one more place, it will takes one more resource. Only if assigned per booking.
The Min and Max quantity per resource options are quite specific. They apply only if the resource is assigned per booking, not per event.
– Resource quantity = 2
– Min quantity per resource = 7
– Max quantity per resource = 10
– The resource is assigned per booking
If the customer books:
– 3 places: the booking is blocked, because the minimum quantity is 7.
– 7 places: the booking is made, and 1 resource is assigned to it.
– 12 places: the booking is blocked, because 12 places is too many for 1 resource (10 max), and too few for 2 resources (10 people will use the first resource, so there are 2 people left, however, the second resource requires 7 people min).
– 16 places: the reservation is made, and 2 resources are assigned: 9 people use the first resource, and 7 people the second.
– 18 places: the booking is made, and 2 resources are assigned to it.
– 24 places: the booking is blocked, because there are only 2 resources available, and they can accomodate 2 x 10 = 20 people max.
Now that you have your resources listed and configured, it is time to allocate them to your activities.