If you install and activate Prices and Credits add-on, you can make discounts on your events to make them more attractive. For example, in order to attract customers in off-peak periods (on the morning, at lunchtime…) to boost your sales.
- Go to calendar editor (Booking Activities tab / Calendars editor)
- Click on the desired event (or group of events) setting wheel and go to the “Price” tab
- Choose the price type you want in the dialog “Price type” field:
- Event price: The value you will input will totally replace the product price for this event
- Activity discount: The value you will input will be a discount on the activity price (ex: – $5)
- Activity % discount: The value you will input will be a percentage discount on the activity price (ex: – 5%)
- Input the derired value in the field of the “Price” column, in the “All” price category
- You can also set up multiple price categories, or volume discounts at this point.
- If you want to allow your customers to pay this event with a booking pass, give it a value in credits in the field of the “Credits” column, in the “All” price category
- Click on the dialog OK button to validate
You can also set a default price and credits amount for your activity and your group categories. Click on the setting wheel next to them to find similar options in their dialog. The event / group of events discounts will be based on this price. Leave it empty if you want to use the booking form price.
Indeed, you can set a global price on each booking forms:
- Go to Booking Activities > Booking forms
- Select the desired form, or create a new one
- Go to the form settings
- Fill in the “Price” and / or “Credits” fields
- Validate the dialog
If this booking form is bound to a WooCommerce product, the “Price” field value will be automatically overwritten by the product price on the product page.
A discount tag has appeared on the event to inform customers of the new price (or the discount), and the price in credits. You can customize its appeareance with CSS.
You can also set a different price according to the price category (like, “adults” price, “children” price, etc.), or set a sliding scale of prices according to the quantity.a