If you install and activate Prices and Credits add-on, you can make discounts on your events to make them more attractive. For example, in order to attract customers in off-peak periods (on the morning, at lunchtime…) to boost your sales.
- Go to calendar editor (Booking Activities tab / Calendars editor)
- Click on the desired event (or group of events) setting wheel
- Choose the price type you want in the dialog “Price type” field:
- Event price: The value you will input will totally replace the product price for this event
- Activity discount: The value you will input will be a discount on the activity price (ex: – $5)
- Activity % discount: The value you will input will be a percentage discount on the activity price (ex: – 5%)
- Input the derired value in the “Price” field
- If you want to allow your customers to pay this event with a booking pass, give it a value in credits in the “Credits” field
- Click on the dialog OK button to validate
You can also set a default price for your activity and your group categories. Click on the setting wheel next to them and fill the “Price” field in the dialog. The (group of) event(s) discounts will be based on this “Price” field. Used with WooCommerce, this price override the product price, so just leave it empty if you want to use you product price.
Similarly, you can set a “Credits” value for your groups of events, your activities and your group categories too.
A discount tag has appeared on the event to inform customers of the new price (or the discount), and the price in credits. You can customize its appeareance with CSS.