if you have already created a scheduled notification (sent before or after a booking), you could have noticed that you can create any kind of notification, and multiple times. The purpose of it is to filter them by calendar, by activity or by booking type (groups, single, or both). So you can send notifications perfectly adapted to your offer.
- Go to the Booking Activities Settings > “Notifications” tab
- Click the “Add a notification” button
- Select the desired recipient (Administrator or Customer)
- Select the desired trigger (E.g.: “The booking status changes”, then select the “Delivered” statut)
- Validate the dialog
- Click the newly created notification in the table to go to its settings page
In the notification settings,
- Activate the notification
- Activate the desired mediums: email, SMS and / or Push
- In the filters, you will find several options. Choose “All” in the selectbox in order to ignore the filter. Click the “+” icon in order to select multiple values with CTRL+Click.
- “Groups only”: Choose “Groups of events only” to send this notification only for groups of events, it won’t be sent if it’s about a single event. On the contrary, choose “Single events only” to ignore groups.
- “Calendars”: Choose the desired calendar(s). The notification will be sent only if the booking belongs to this calendar.
- “Activities”: Choose the desired activity(ies). The notification will be sent only if the booking belongs to this activity. This option disappears if “Groups only” = “Groups of events only”, and some of its values may disappear according to the selected “Calendars” above.
- “Group categories”: Choose the desired group category(ies). The notification will be sent only if the booking group belongs to this group category. This option disappears if “Groups only” = “Single events only”, and some of its values may disappear according to the selected “Calendars” above.
Now your notification will only be sent for reservations matching the selected criteria. Do not forget to configure filters in all your notifications to avoid a double notifications, or on the contrary the lack of notifications. Likewise, be sure to update your filters when you create new calendars or activities.
If you are using Booking Activities on a marketplace, you will be able to create different notifications for each vendors (by filtering your notifications per calendar).
It is also possible to set up activity-specific recipients (or group category-specific recipients) for the notifications sent to the administrators.
Likewise, if you don’t want to create a different notification for each activity, but just add variable a text depending on the activity, you can define a specific message for each activity and add it in your notifications using a tag.